Thursday, August 14, 2008

The cranes - Đàn sếu bay

http://www.freewebtown.com/wastequest/playlists/28789/178588.mp3
Zhuravli (The Cranes)
by Rasul Gamzatov


I sometimes think that warriors brave
Who met their death in bloody fight
Were never buried in a grave
But rose as cranes with plumage white.

Since then unto this very day
They pass high overhead and cry.
Is that not why we often gaze
In silence as the cranes go by?

In far-off foreign lands I see
The cranes in evening's dying glow
Fly quickly past in company,
As once on horseback they would go.

And as they fly far out of reach
I hear them calling someone's name.
Is that not why our Avar* speech
Recalls the clamor of a crane?

Across the weary sky they race
Who friend and kinsman used to be,
And in their rank I see a space --
Perhaps they're keeping it for me?

One day I'll join the flock of cranes,
With them I shall go winging by,
And you who here on earth remain
Will listen to my strident cry.

(Avar* is a language spoken in Dagestan in southwestern Russia, the birthplace of the author.)

Bài này từng được dùng làm nhạc nền của phim Đồng Hồ Cát, một trong những phim truyền hình Hàn Quốc mà mình luôn muốn xem lại. Nghe tiếng Nga thì chả hiểu gì, nhưng giai điệu và giọng hát buồn bã của bài này hợp với cảnh của phim kinh khủng, chỉ nghe qua một lần là đủ nhớ.

No comments:

Post a Comment